Lush Enzymion Facial Moisturiser | Review


One beauty product I've always struggled to find is the perfect daytime moisturiser. I am constantly switching between different products and different brands, but nothing seems to help my oily-combination skin. They're either always too drying, leaving my skin feeling tight and uncomfortable, or too heavy, so the oilier areas of my skin (nose, chin and forehead) become too greasy.

After doing some research, I stumbled across Lush's Enzymion Moisturiser, and being a huge fan of any Lush products, I thought I'd give it a try. This is actually the first facial moisturiser from Lush I've tried, and it definitely did not disappoint.


My first thought was that it smells absolutely amazing. It's packed with papaya juice, lemon juice, aloe vera and lime, which gives it wonderful tropical scent unlike anything I've tried from Lush before.

Initially, I was sceptical that this moisturiser would strip my skin of natural oils, in which my oily skin would then produce more oil to compensate for the dehydration. However,  the ingredients used have been carefully selected, such as lemon (natural antiseptic to help de-congest the skin) and papaya (natural brightener to help renew skin surfaces) which contain natural enzymes that help exfoliate the skin.

These ingredients are then balanced out by avocado oil and cocoa butter to ensure the skin is not completely stripped of natural oils, along with aloe vera gel to soothe and refresh the skin, which proved to be extremely helpful in targeting my oily and blemish-prone areas without dehydrating them.


I've been using this moisturiser daily for about three weeks, and so far I've found my skin to be less oily and more balanced. My complexion is a lot brighter and clearer, and my skin feels a lot softer to touch. The texture is light and not at all greasy, and absorbs almost instantly into the skin. Lush say that this moisturiser "helps keep over-production of oil at bay, which means make-up has better staying power on the skin" and won't compromise any product layering on top.

While I wouldn't say this moisturiser hasn't completely banished my oily skin, it has certainly helped in minimising oil levels and evening out my skin. If you have oily/combination skin and you're after a gentle and brightening daytime moisturiser, this is definitely worth trying out.

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Aw this sounds such a great product, I've been wanted to give the Lush face masks and products a go since forever but I've always been a little nervous since my face is very reactive and sensitive haha! My sister is struggling with oily skin right now and loves Lush so I will definitely let her know about it :D your blog is so soft and beautiful, I love it! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (I would love to follow each other on bloglovin if you like! :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is great, you should definitely tell your sister about it! :) I think a lot of Lush products would be great for sensitive skin because they use natural ingredients instead of harsh chemicals, so don’t be afraid to try anything out! They probably have certain products aimed at those with sensitive skin also. Aw thank you so much, that means a lot :) xx

      Delete

Blogger Template by pipdig