The Ordinary Skincare Review


I've seen people raving about The Ordinary for a while now, and as I love anything to do with skincare, I knew I had to try it. If you hadn't already heard, The Ordinary is a brand from DECIEM - a company with an umbrella of brands that focus on functional beauty. Their aim is to produce effective, result-driven and pioneering products without the high price tag.

Their products contain active ingredients such as alpha hydroxy acids, beta hydroxy acids, antioxidants, peptides and retinol. These type of ingredients have great changes to the skin as they penetrate the top layer of skin - repairing damaged skill cells, and stimulating collagen and elastin fibres.


It's best to research a little into your skin type beforehand, so you can get an idea of what ingredients will be best suited for you. My skin type tends to be more on the oily side, with occasional dry patches on my cheeks and chin - so I knew what type of ingredients to look for. I picked up the Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% and AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution and have been using them for a couple months now and here's what I thought:

Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%


I tend to use Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2% in the evening as a serum after I’ve cleansed and toned my skin, just before I apply any moisturiser. The website describes this acid as a “mild lactic acid superficial peeling formulation” which might sound terrifying as first – however, it includes ingredients that work as a gentle exfoliator which is great and safe to use on the skin. Lactic acid is a form of alpha hydroxyl acid that exfoliates the skin for a smoother and bright complexion. This formulation is also balanced out with Tasmanian Pepperberry, which is to help reduce inflammation and irritation which some people may experience with exfoliation - making it great for anyone with sensitive skin also.

Over continued use of this product, I found that my skin felt softer and less congested and looked smoother and brighter overall. The Ordinary also have a stronger Lactic Acid 10% that is available once your skin has become more accustomed to using these acids daily.

 
Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

I also use the Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% as a serum in both the morning and evening. The Ordinary says it is "indicated to reduce the appearance of skin blemishes and congestion. A high 10% concentration of this vitamin is supported in the formula by zinc salt of pyrrolidone carboxylic acid to balance visible aspects of sebum activity."  In short, this formula is designed to target blemished skin and minimise the appearance of pores while balancing the skin oil levels.

Since using this, I've seen a visible difference in the appearance of my skin. While it hasn't completely cleared up all my blemishes, it has definitely helped speed up treatment with acne scars and my skin is noticeably less red while my pores appear smaller.


AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution 

The Ordinary describe this as a "10-minute exfoliating facial" that exfoliates at multiple different levels in the skin to help fight acne and to restore skin tone. AHAs exfoliate the top layer of the skin, while BHAs clear out congested skin - leaving a smoother, brighter top layer of skin.

The only thing about this product is that it stings when you apply it, which some people may like because it feels like its really doing something, but otherwise it can be quite uncomfortable and I wouldn't recommend it for anyone with sensitive skin. Overall I've noticed that using this twice a week has helped brighten and improve the texture of my skin.


What are your favourite products from The Ordinary?

x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig