Benefit BADGal Bang Mascara | Review


Already holding the title of two best-selling mascaras, there's no denying that Benefit knows a thing or two when it comes to mascaras. There had been a huge hype around their latest mascara launch, BADgal Bang, and after reading multiple reviews, I decided to test out the product out myself. The new formula was created using space-derived aero particles to make it lightweight and buildable, and promises to give a 'gravity-defying' lift. It also contains provitamin B5 to help strengthen and thicken lashes in the long-term. Additionally, the brand claims that the mascara lasts up to 36 hours, stating that it's water resistant, smudge-proof, and volumising - basically everything you'd look for in a great mascara.

The Packaging 

I really like this packaging and I feel like it lives up to it's name 'Badgal Bang'. Usually, Benefit tends to have a more girly and softer look to their packaging, whereas Badgal Bang is a little more grungy and dark. It has a soft-touch matte finish with studs along the handle which make it really unique. 

As for the wand, it took 75 prototypes to reach it's finished product, and has an impressive 300 soft cone-shaped bristles with flat and curved surfaces all over to maximise volume and helps evenly spread the formula from corner to corner.


The Application 

As for the application, the wand is easy to use and the mascara glides on really well. Benefit says "bigger impact" and "massive volume" which BadGal definitely delivers. I felt my eyes stood out a lot more after just one layer, and was easily buildable to create a more dramatic look. The formula is quite inky and wet, so I found it's best to apply the first layer and wait 30 seconds or so until you apply the second, just to avoid any clumpy bits.

I don't typically go for waterproof mascaras, but I really liked how BadGal was water-resistant. I usually have issues with my mascara rubbing off fairly quickly under my eyes, but with BadGal it stays put all day with no smudges. This does make it a bit more effort to remove, but a good eye-make remover or cleansing balm will do the trick.

Due to the aero-particle technology (which uses a light-weight power to help thicken the lashes without weighing them down or making them feel heavy) I noticed that even though it looked as like I was wearing quite a lot, it didn't feel like I was, which made wearing this throughout the day a lot more comfortable.



Final Thoughts 

Overall I really love this mascara and I will definitely be repurchasing when it's ran out. It gives my eyelashes extra volume, has an amazing jet black colour to it to make your eyes pop, and lasts all day. Even on the days where I'm not wearing much make-up, I still feel like it gives my eyes a statement look.

Have you tried this mascara yet!?

Rach x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig