Two French Skincare Faves - Avène & La Roche-Posay


I've heard a lot of great things about French skin care, and being in love with anything to do with France and obviously skincare, I finally went out and picked up a couple products to try. The problem with many British and American skincare brands is that they have a tendency to overload their products with harsh chemicals, fragrances, oils or alcohol. French skincare, on the other hand, use simple and stripped back formulas that are much healthier for the skin, and give much better results.
Below I talk about two items I purchased that are targeted at oily-blemish prone skin, and how they've worked for me:

Avène Cleanance Cleansing Gel 

I've tried countless of cleansers to help with my oily skin, but nothing has worked well enough for me to stick with it. I've been using this Avène Cleanance gel as a first step in both my morning and night routine. I apply a small amount, like a 20p coin to a wet palm, and lather into damp skin. It lathers amazingly well, and gives a thorough but gentle cleanse. I rinse with a little warm water and pat my face dry, and my skin is left smooth, oil-free and clean-looking without over-drying it.

I've been using this for the past 3 weeks or so and I've definitely noticed an improvement in my acne and oily areas. It's non-comedogenic and sulphate free - which is difficult to find in many cleansers - so there are no ingredients that cause clogged pores or breakouts. I paid about £11 for this, and I would highly recommend it if you have oily, blemish-prone skin, or if you're simply interested in trying out some French skincare brands. Avène also offers many other cleansers and skin products for all different skin types - dry, normal, combination, sensitive - and is definitely worth checking out.

La Roche-Posay Effaclar H Soothing Moisturiser 

I follow by using this La Roche-Posay Effaclar H Soothing Moisturiser in the morning, but it can also be used during the evenings. Recently my oily skin has also been suffering from dry patches, which could be due to my skin being dehydrated, even the oilier areas. This moisturiser is aimed at those with oily skin that feels weak, fragile and dehydrated.

After using this for 3 weeks, I've noticed my skin feels soothed and hydrated without feeling greasy. I felt that it's targeted my dry and oily areas and has transformed my skin so it feels comfortably balanced with less breakouts. This moisturiser is also non-comedogenic and has minimal ingredients, so there are no harsh chemicals to damage your skin. I think this is a great little moisturiser for oily-dehydrated skin that ranges at about £16.



I think these two items are a great addition to any skincare routine, and I have certainly seen a difference in how my skin reacts to British/American brands compared to French. I will definitely be trying out more French skincare brands in the future!

Rach
X

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Great post, I love how you’ve photographed them together like that!
    I’ve been loving French skincare lately too. I have yet to try these two brands :)

    Charlotte x

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by pipdig