A Winter Glow Makeup Guide



Just because the days are cold and dreary doesn't mean your skin should suffer too. Cold, dry winter air and a healthy natural glow don't tend to go hand in hand, but you can certainly fake it with the right products. I'm sharing a few make-up products to help achieve a glowy and luminous look - even in the winter.

Base 

After priming my skin, I always opt for the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation if I'm after a perfect finish. It gives a lovely natural appearance to your skin without leaving it too shiny or dry. Then I usually set my face with one of my favourite products - the Laura Mercier loose translucent powder, which helps to keep my foundation in place. 

I follow this with a contour and highlight (a must for glowing skin!) and recently I've been using the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow. I'm a little late to the party with this one, but now I've finally got my hands on it I'm obsessed! The bronzer has a light but buildable consistency, giving a natural and beautiful colour to your cheeks without looking overly muddy. The highlighter included is also incredible and gives a stunning dewy glow that isn't too shimmery or bright.

Another great product is the Bobby Brown Shimmer Brick in the shade 'Rose' which I dust on top of my cheekbones. I see the Shimmer Brick as a bronzer/blush/highlight hybrid and gives a rosy delicate glow to the apples of the cheeks. I feel like this product makes a big difference to the dewiness of my complexion! 

If I'm after a more luminous effect, typically if I'm going out in the evening, I'll use the Nars Copacabana Illuminator. You can either mix this in with your foundation for an all-over glow or use it as a highlighter. As I've already got oily skin, I choose the latter. This blends beautifully and adds such a lovely hue to my skin! 


Eyes 

To me, winter is all about rosy, warm, bronzey shades like reds, plums, browns and golds. So recently I've been reaching for the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette which is full of natural browns, pinks and plums. I love using this in the winter time as it has all the shades I'd need. A few favourites are the shades 'Black Forest Truffle', 'Salted Caramel', 'Creme Brulee', 'Haute Chocolate' and 'Cherry Cordial'. Plus, the palette smells like chocolate, which is always a plus. 

Another little gem is the Charlotte Tilbury Vintage Vamp quad-palette which has beautiful reds, purples and shimmery golds. I'm obsessed with this palette - it creates such a pretty smokey/shimmery eye look and really helps to bring out my green eyes. A must for winter evenings!

Lips 

Reds, purples and browns are also a few favourite shades of mine when it comes to winter lipsticks. I've been loving the Nars Audacious lipstick in 'Charlotte' which is a beautiful warm burgundy. Another great winter lipstick is the Urban Decay Comfort Matte Vice lipstick in '1993' which is a medium brown shade that I feel compliments any eyeshadow look. 

If I'm feeling more of a nude lip, I tend to reach for Charlotte Tilbury's 'Penelope Pink' lipstick which is one of my favourite pink-nude lipsticks at the moment! To add a dewy effect, I'll also apply a little bit of lip lustre in 'Seduction' which helps bring out the highlight and peachy tones of my base makeup, and again, compliments any eyeshadow look.


What are some of your favourite winter glow makeup products?

Rach
Xx

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Great post, the products you have mentioned sound so amazing! I really want to try charlotte tilbury face stuff! I think charlotte tilbury is a must for a glowy complexion! I need to get that urban decay lipstick, it looks great such a unique shade :)
    Thanks for the post,
    Laura / https://laustworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are - you can't go wrong with Charlotte Tilbury! Thank you for reading :)

      Delete

Blogger Template by pipdig